01-09-2014, 08:10 AM   #15
mamadub
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red 2011 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by elm3 View Post
Hey Cheryl, also, if you have the key with you at all times when washing the car, the car's computer never goes to sleep. So all the electronics nannies are on and using power. Also, yours being a vert, open your trunk and lift the cover for your battery. See if your battery tray is wet or signs of being wet. When I wash mine, I take my keys and put them away from the car. That way the car shuts off completely, until I have to start it and put it back in the garage. Hope that this helps you some.

Eric
Hi Eric!
Phil had mentioned something along these lines earlier, and I had never thought about it. However, I've always washed my car with the key nearby or in it, and it's never happened except for these last two times. That makes me wonder if the battery is getting weak or water is somehow getting to it. As soon as I get my car back from the stereo shop, I will look for signs of water. Thanks!

Black Novillo Extended Leather, Convenience Package, Premium Package 2, DCT, DDC, BMW Apps, Custom Stereo upgrade, Eisenmann Sport Black Series Exhaust, 20"HRE's P45SC's. Color matched Brembo 380/345's, KW Coilovers
Appreciate 0