mosborn78108
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2013 Frozen Blue M3

A 2013 Frozen Blue M3 Owners view

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genro757 View Post
Absolutely true! I'm coming from a 2008 AW E92 and have spent a countless number of hours detailing the car and removing the swirls and random scratches from Autobahn driving...the Frozen Paint is sooo easy to care for and looks great even when "dirty"....like Primo said...wash, dry, go!

I had a discussion with one of our ///M-Flight members the other week about our Frozen Paint and he brought up that it must be a pain in the ass to take care of. I asked about where he got this info from and of course referenced a couple threads on this forum...then I asked him a couple questions...if a bird took a dump on your gloss painted M3...would you let it sit on the paint or would you remove it as quickly as possible? And of course he said he's remove it as quick as possible. Next question was..after a drive...you noticed quite a few bug splatter on your bumper and mirrors...would you let those sit there or would you clean it up as soon as convenient? Again...he said he'd clean it up as soon as possible. Then I said...hmmm sounds like the same thing us Frozen Paint owners will do.

I told him the only big differences do to further "care" for this type of paint is be more selective on my detailing products. There are quite a few detailing companies that make products specific to our paint and it's just as readily available as our gloss owner counterparts.
I'm the guy he's speaking about. I found the upkeep to be minimal and everything he says about care is true. I do take care of bug splatter that happens from driving on the autobahn. I didn't have to sign a paint waiver when I took delivery and yes, the BMW paint care videos scared the crap out of me!
Attached Images

Mike
------------------
2013 Frozen Blue M3, Akropovic Exhaust
2011 Mini Clubman S
Appreciate 0