04-05-2009, 02:28 PM   #47
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank@CEC View Post
Statements like: "might get ugly", "99.9% sure","knowledge of manufacturing is nearly nil", "Put up or shut up, really", "I would bet pinks on this.", "I would be willing to bet it was not researched and developed (R&D) AND tested at the Ring."

You make all of these statements on a guess. You have never seen this bar in person. You have never driven a vehicle with this product installed. You have never been to ACS Germany and know nothing about the company nor their research and development process. Yet you are 99.9% certain about the materials and testing used to manufacture this product.
Might get ugly because your lack of knowledge is embarrassing, that is all I meant. Perhaps you could enlighten us on your extensive manufacturing or engineering experience? I'd be happy to do so for mine.

^ all pretty irrelevant. The thing about engineering, manufacturing and product design experience is you don't have to see something in person to make very solid, educated guesses about it. With the proper experience such things become obvious. I never said I drove a car with it, but again that is fairly irrelevant toward my claims. Most of my claims are indeed educated guesses, but ones I am clearly confident enough in to lay them on the table in this fairly firm manner.

Not to digress too much into theory or epistemology, but since I have not spoken directly with the ACS engineers I could not have facts with 100% certainly. But if you want to truly nitpick on certainty, deception by them or deception by a supplier is also a very remote but finite possibility as well. The business of absolute certainty is indeed rare. Hence some of the qualifications I provided.

Quote:
Even when Blake chimes in and reenforces my experience with the product you feel that you have a better understanding of the product than he does. So who's credibility is in question now?
It does not take many brains to understand that there are technical aspects of products and experiential ones. Unfortunately, one gives much more insight into the other than conversely.

Quote:
It's members like you that make manufactures reps like myself not want to be on these forums. I only contribute to this community because I myself am an enthusiast (with an E92 M3), and have the access to information that is not readily available to all members.

I would like to say that I have nothing against this forum, but "members who have little knowledge of what they [post and provide such false information on a guess] - that is another story."

Members, stay tuned for the official statement from ACS Germany.

Wow, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. It is nice to see that you have contacted the manufacturer directly. Perhaps you should have done so BEFORE you rattled off the former list of drivel? This simply continues to demonstrates your lack of credibility. If you had such intimate knowledge of the product already why do you now need to contact the manufacturer?

My reputation here as knowledgeable, firm but fair and a solid contributor will stand the test of your frail little criticisms. I have had plenty of nice and positive things to say about other vendors and other products.

Quote:
Below is my final words to you:
Apparently not since the information from ACS will be "to me" as well...
Appreciate 0