View Single Post
      01-08-2007, 12:17 PM   #135
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep
Drives: 335 coupe

your so wrong in so many places its not even funny

first of all as i already said we are taking gearing OUT of consideration, but since you absolutly HAVE to bring it in you need to realize something GEARING CHANGE HORSEPOWER TOO, saying that "This demonstrates that the acceleration is greatest in the 1st gear. The reason is that wheel torque is greatest in 1st gear" is idiotic because horse power increases and decrease in proportion to torque in every gear

next if you take a look at that graph you posted or the graph in the force induction section or 90% of the graphs for speed + time out there you will notice something EACH GEAR HAS AN ALMOST COMPLETLY CONSTANT SLOPE which meens each gears acceleration appears to be the same through each gear

now thats obviously not true because both HP and torque are fluctutating, but if you had a brain and realized that the data you are using is one: not sampled at a fast enough rate (i meen seriously are u a fing idiot its sampled every 10mph you would get an F in physics if you did something that stupid) and two: it is not precise enough to yield any results (it needs to be precise to at least tenths of a mph if not greater and sampled at rates of at least every .5 seconds)

so good job on TRYING to bring some science in, but please do it properly next time

also you totally forgot that that is a real life example and that air resistance and friction have now been thrown into the mix, good job

now i want you to tell me why you think, that torque output is constant, you linked a wikpedia article of a crankshaft but NOWWHERE in their does it say torque is output constant, infact if anything it says otherwise

torque from an internal combustian engine will never be constant, even if its timed perfectly to put out a constant minimum amount of torque (which they are) they will always have larger peaks of torque, even electrical engines dont put out constant torque, but the variances are so small i doubt you could measure them

now tell me something, if you know that force is applied yields acceleration, and that cylinders put out similar torque in their effeciency range, tell me HOW you come to the conclusion that a cylinder firing twice will apply the same net force as a cylinder firing once PLEASE i want to know how your head has come to this