01-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #37
matthewk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X6MC, 2022 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mandy View Post
Hold on a second here matthewk, while I do see what you are saying, this guy's best friend of over 10 years is getting married. This is a milestone in his life. His friend was given an offer of taking on a meaningful role in this.

Yes, his friend needs to be respective of his wife, I agree with you, but if it's gotten to the point where he's respecting something that she is being insecure about, this boy's got problems. He's whipped. Straight out whipped.

This is clearly a situ with insecurities on both sides. He's proven it by writing his friend an email rather than tell him to his face.
But right or wrong, that's his choice and the dynamic his marriage is built upon. And, if that's the case, agreed with or not, doesn't it have to be respected? If the friend going on this trip would cause divorce in an otherwise, new and happy marriage, is it worth it? Sorry if it sounds like devil's advocate, but I guess I am just disapointed with socity's lack of tollerance for the burden of marriage these days.
Appreciate 0