Rep
Drives: 2023 G82 M4

Garage List
2023 BMW G82 M4  [10.00]
2018 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 Audi RS5 (Sold)  [10.00]
2008 E93 M3 (Sold)  [10.00]
Don't accept a new engine

Sorry to hear...if the dealer comes back to you and suggest changing the engine make sure you fight for a new car...1200 miles it should not give you such a problem that's why we buy BMWs ....right
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDutchman View Post
Here is an update as of Noon Eastern Time today:

The dealer is waiting for a call back from someone they called “the Regional Technical Manager”. Apparently they don’t know what’s wrong and the information they have is somewhat conflicting. Apparently one bank of cylinders is reporting normal operation and the other is reporting all “zeros” - whatever that means.

They assured me everything is covered under warranty and promised to call me once they heard from the senior resource at BMW they mentioned.

Again, my dealer has been very nice to deal with but it appears that my issue may be well beyond bad fuel or a failed fuel pump. The current M3 is still a new product for BMW NA and they appear to have little documented technical data to draw upon – hence the appeal to a higher authority. I just hope the car comes back soon and runs as well and strong as it did before this incident.
Appreciate 0