View Single Post
      01-13-2013, 04:02 PM   #4
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
I use PSS as my DD tires and wet track tires. NT01s are my dry track tires. So here's my opinion:

The NT01 is a great track tire with pretty decent grip, reasonable wear, good at the limit predictability and excellent heat cycling resistance. It is not the grippiest tire out there, but it is a reasonable compromise. On the dry, it is 1 to 2 seconds faster on a 2 minute circuit compared to the PSS. However, in my opinion, the NT01 really suck in the wet, standing water or not. Especially if it is relatively cold. In this case, I am 1-2 seconds faster with the PSS in the wet compared to the NT01.

The PSS is reasonable as a dry track tire, with decent grip and predictability. However, when you push it hard and put heat into them, they degrade extremely fast. They almost seem to melt away. If you are getting reasonably fast as a driver, you will find that they do not last long on a dry track. I find them excellent in the rain though. When they were new, I could follow 4WD drive cars (STi, Evo, R8) in heavy rain without too much struggle.
Appreciate 0