j2m
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
Arrow Completely D.I.Y. Modded E92 M3 **photo Shoot**

I bought my 2011 E92 M3 new on December 31, 2011 and immediately had my plan for MOD's.
My car's MOD's are 100% DIY except alignment, mounting tires and stuff I don't have equipment to do.
I happen to have an amazing wife that not only "ENABLES" my modding addiction but she also help me do the work

My sexy wife and I installed ALL of the following MOD's on the car :
- ESS VT2-625
- Gintani Valved Sport Exhaust + Quad resonated X-Pipe
- KW Sleeve Kit
- GC Camber plates
- CSL Style Carbon Bootlid
- Arkym rear diffuser
- Vorsteiner VRS Lip (wrapped in matte vinyl)
- P3 Boost Guage
- Stud Conversion
- Stoptech Trophies
- Painted Reflectors
- IND painted Key-Hole Delete
- Black Side Gills
- Vinyl wrapped mirror covers, door handles and hood vents
- Gloss Black Kidney Grills

- LUX H8 V3 Angel eyes

DIY LINKS:
Kidney Grill Install DIY
Hood Vent Removal DIY
Side Gill Removal DIY
Spring Install DIY #1
Spring Install DIY #2
Spring Install DIY #3
Axle Back Exhaust Removal DIY
X-Pipe Install DIY
Stud Conversion DIY
BBK Install DIY
Middle Brake Line DIY
Brake Flush DIY
LUX Angel Eye DIY
Exhaust DIY #1
Exhaust DIY #2

NOW for some people, the installation of these MOD's, would not be a big deal BUT for me this was a first. I am "the guy" that has never changed the oil in a car and until about 1.5 years ago I never opened the hood of my car. ALL service was performed at the dealer.

THAT ALL CHANGED when I took my previous 335 to the dealer and they charged me $120 (labor) to change my chrome kidney grills to gloss black. Paying the $120 was not a problem until I changed them to matte black and decided to tackle the project myself. I did some research, studying and searching and found the DIY section of bimmerpost. After a few hours of research the job took me about 8 minutes. At this point I realized that the dealer had EFFED ME UP THE ASS and that pissed me off .
I VOWED that it would NEVER happen again and, that day, decided that I was going to learn how to work on my car.

THIS FORUM has been instrumental and I have met a lot of good friends/tuners in the process.

My Supercharger took my wife and I about 35-40 hours to install. Roman at ESS was a HUGE help during that process. ESS provided step by step instructions as well as answering all of my phone calls in the process.

My Full Exhaust, X-Pipe and air lines for the valve took my wife and I about 8 hours to install. Arno at Gintani was extremely helpful and provided me with "Step by Step" instructions for the project. Gintani is another great company and Arno always answered my calls to walk me through the installation.

My BBK came with lame instructions but I found everything I needed in the DIY section. FYI when I started the brakes I had NEVER even changed my brake pads and had no idea what I was doing BUT thanks to people taking the time to post "Step by Step" instructions (pics included) in the DIY section I was able to install seamlessly!

The KW Sleaves and GC Camber plates were installed using the directions in the DIY section. AGAIN... I had NEVER done any suspension work on a car.

I ALSO followed DIY's to install the following: Carbon bootlid, diffuser, lip, stud conversion, reflectors, side gills, key hole delete and the vinyl work I've done.

HUGE thanks to bimmerpost and all of those that not only post the DIY's but answer question for newb's like me. THIS has not only saved me THOUSANDS of $$$$$ but more importantly I have learned a lot of $hit in the process!

My car is about to go through another round of MOD's and I had taken some pictures right before winter, so I figured I should post some pics before the look changes.

***Wheels are HRE P43SC's 19X9.5 ET22 and 19X10.5 ET27 wrapped in Yoko AD08 275/30/19 + 305/30/19***
Attached Images

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here

Last edited by j2m; 03-01-2013 at 05:17 PM.. Reason: DIY's Links added
Appreciate 0