View Single Post
      04-03-2015, 09:16 AM   #61
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep
Drives: E93 M3/Mk4 Supra/X6M

I decided to leave the current body shop and find a new one or if Rai is willing to take the build on alone then that would be perfect! I am still waiting on his response.
I have started noticing shady practices, although I mentioned my budget several times with the staff and management, and they talked to me about how they will charge me fair rates and stay within my budget, they seem to think Bimmer=pot of gold and are trying to get rich quick on me.

Not to mention their own fabricators were unable to do the fab work so I had to bring in my own fabricator and I paid him out of my own pocket so they had minimum involvement in the work done in the rear, they just prepped it for paint, and they want $4000!!! for minor welding and prepping the rear to get painted, the guy literally said because its been here for so long and he had to pay his guys to be there... umm ok, I am not paying you for rent , I am paying you for work done. It only stayed there for so long because they told me they had done multiple widebody's and were experts at it and it turns out they dont know shit.

So I asked if the rear alone cost 4k how much were they planning on charging me to mold flares onto the front fenders and they said $3000!!!
$3k to mold flares???? and thats not even counting paint labor or supply's...rofl...
F*** this shop, they just lost a customer.
Let alone a large marketing tool that car will be when it hits webpages and SEMA and other shows.