View Single Post
      04-19-2013, 12:40 AM   #34
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
Any comments on how enkei compares to Apex?
Enkei has a far longer and more proven history. I would prefer them over Apex. Unfortunately the Enkei nt03 does not clear stoptech 380mm. I briefly had a set of apex wheels and was not impressed. The finish was mediocre (chipped easily), they didn't fit tight around the hubs, and it was difficult for me to get them balanced. It took two shops three attempts. It is possible that the new tires were the culprit (wheels were new too) but i have not had the problem with other wheels. I think the best bang for the buck is a square set of OEM 18 x 9.5. My favorite track option is Volk te37's (which of course cost more). They are light, strong and great sizes/offsets. I just foolishly ordered a set of te37's for the track despite the fact that I already have a set of OEM 18's... I have had nothing but great results with Volk wheels in the past.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M

Last edited by slicer; 04-19-2013 at 12:51 PM..
Appreciate 0