02-03-2010, 05:46 PM   #13
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileydog View Post
On average, I think upper middle class ultimately depends on level of education. People who obtain graduate degrees/MBA/MD/JD/PHD...etc...basically professional white collar jobs such as Dentist, Lawyer, Engineer, Doctor, Finance...those people usually make somewhere around $100K+ family income. These are your typical people that American society uses as the average family that we strive for.

Middle class is like your basic BS/BA degree from a University. They will work at places such as Govt jobs, retail, Admins, ..etc.

Upper class...those are people who are making like 500k+. It is common that they have positions of political power, CEOs, specialty doctors (brain surgeons)...etc. Most of them have IVY education such as Harvard MBA, standford medical school...etc.

Education will drive job category. Job will drive Income. Income drives lifestyle. The underlying theme is level of education.
there are plenty of drop outs that have made themselves very very successful. i wouldn't say education is THE underlying reason.