07-28-2008, 09:53 AM   #135
LandShark
Got ///M??
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' M3, 08' 335xi, 06' LR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
Are you going to be instructing at the BMWCCA Thunderbolt event 22-24 Aug? If so, I'll be there with my DCT car as a student.

Did you run the stock tires? If not, what did you run?

------------------------

It seems the issue might be related to transmission temperature.

We need to enlist BMW NA assistance in getting this resolved.

Larry Koch, are you out there???
I too have a feeling it's due to the heating/temp issue?? wrong temp reading from sensor?? or software glitch??

I was running the car in bone stock just try to have a feeling of the car and see what needs to be done. to my surprise, the stock brakes and PS2 are pretty good! I'm so used to R comp tire and race pads, haven't driven on street tire and pads on track for years, but the stock one really impressed me! (not saying it's anywhere as good as r comp and race pads, but for a street tire/pad, they are really quite good imho!)

I'll try to make the Thurderbolt event next month..... but I've never been to that track tho.... so, I might not be instructing.... but real life and work might preventing me to attend that event....

I really hope BMW will fix this issue asap!! otherwise, it's really NOT enjoyable for the track at all!! and it might be the last trackable M I would owe! heck, even my old E46 SMG can do a proper downshift at speed!!!

at the moment, I would say the E92 still has a loooooong way to go when compare to my old fully sorted out E46!! (man.... I'm missing my old E46.......)

BMWCCA New Jersey Chapter Instructor || Member since 1996
Appreciate 0