Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

Arrow FS - 2011 S65 Engine - 36,XXX KMS

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
UPDATE - The S85 my buddy has, actually only has 1,200 ORIGINAL KMS on it, NOT 12,000 miles so this is now officially a for sale thread!!

Hi all,

A while back a friend of mine picked up a totaled M6 but the engine, tranny, exhaust and all necessary components are in 10/10 condition with only 12,000 original miles. After searching for an M5 that was in need of an engine, he hasn't been able to find a 'good' deal and after a bit of talking he is willing to give it to me for a great price with the only catch being I have to get rid of my engine/tranny myself.

As many of you know my engine blew at 12,000KMS and BMW replaced it under warranty, being a replacement engine, I can hand on my heart say that it was run in as per BMW requirements and it hasn't been abused to this day (no speeding tickets can help confirm that lol). Oil changes have been done regularly and never over filled. Also, it has been kept fresh and no dirt has settled anywhere.

I am not sure what to list it for but I do know what the swap + labour will run me and I am willing to work as close to that as possible for the guy/gal who wants to pick this beauty up.

Last thing, please do NOT waste my time. Just because I am not sure what to list it for, I am still aware of it's price point.

~ I know many of you will have your opinions against this and yes the SMG is in every way less superior to our DCT, BUT it is my choice and a project I've always wanted to undertake. So please leave all that out of my feeler thread. Thank you. ~

Last edited by BMW Fanatic; 11-09-2012 at 11:51 AM..
Appreciate 0