08-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #64
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCAForums.com View Post
Most those that say GTR isn't exciting to drive can't drive... (...) Accessport on the car, and a midpipe... turn off traction control, and drifting around corners is as fun and intoxicating as any car on the planet.
I don't doubt it. How much of that is you, and how much is the car?

On my first test drive of an Evo VIII, on the first corner as we exited the dealer's lot, I had the car in a beautiful 4 wheel drift. My wife shot me this incredibly admiring and incredulous glance. I could have taken the credit, but that wasn't me by any shot - it was the clever AWD doing the heavy lifting, and I was just there for the ride.

It was the same thing all over in the GT-R, just happening at a higher rate of speed.

To be totally honest I get more thrills out of driving my 93 Miata on the same fast & winding roads. I just sneak out of the house at night, drop the top and terrorize the night insects with my 100BHP monster lol.

Quote:
I'll forever find it funny, to hear a BMW driver praise a BMW manual transmission... they have got to be the absolute biggest POS of any/all manuals I've ever driven!
But still more satisfying to some than any DCT on the planet.

A lot of people complain about BMW's manual transmission and I'm sure there's a lot to criticize, but a funny thing happens with it on track - it just seems to get out of the way and just lets you do your thing.

Quote:
To each his/her own I guess.
Finally, you got it.

Nothing wrong with liking it, and nothing wrong with a counterpoint.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0