Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ View Post
Not sure if trolling

But I am seriously considering a JDM for my next car. YES I read Autoblog and am aware that every auto maker is recalling cars every single day.

It's truly disappointing.
It's not trolling - he's giving you good advice. I know you're upset but, really, it's your own fault. Think about it for a moment: you're buying cutting edge technology across all fronts - that's why it's expensive dude!

Granted, to Team Pluto's point, these cars are pretty fracking reliable given how much tech is baked into them.

But back to the main point: you're not paying top dollar for reliability! If you thought you were then you seriously fail to understand what a high performance car is. By the very definition it means "not normal". And not-normal is going to mean problems.

So that's the deal. you PAID FOR RISK. your $80 was used to buy risk and BMW is making it easier to handle by lots of testing and a warranty but it's still shiz-load of risk.

If you don't have the stomach for the risk, buy a toyota or a honda or whatever is on top of the reliability list if only as a second car to cover yourself.

I don't mess with mods that touch my primary cats or engine software because I don't have cajones for the risk. I'm real comfy with that choice.

High performance cars likely aren't for you just like mods aren't for me.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.
Appreciate 0