View Single Post
      02-15-2009, 01:07 AM   #2
mrtm2008
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth_Horwitz View Post
I'm trying to plan out a European Delivery travel route, and would like to drive about 1,700 miles over there. If I follow the regular break-in procedures for the extra 500 miles, would that be OK, or do I need to get the oil changed right at the 2000KM/1200MI point? I'd do the first service over there, but it sounds like that can be ridiculously expensive as BMW North America obviously won't foot that bill. I guess it's probably cheaper now, given the pounding the Euro's taken, if I need to get it done over there. Any thoughts? Thanks.
You do not have to get it exactly at 1200 miles, though you do NOT want to let it lapse more than you are planning since not just your engine oil is serviced. Also, I would believe BMW would do the 1200 mile service no matter what country you are in...it's covered under warranty!
08 E90 M3, JrzB/BB, 360 Forged 8 Mesh, H&R Springs, RPI Scoops, Eisenmann Sport Exh, VRS Lip, CF Decklid, CF Diffuser, OSS LED AE, Rear Headrest V1, '09 iDrive Controller, Euro Rear Fog, OEM BlackLine TL, MRTM Design E90 Pedals & Door Lock Studs
Appreciate 0