View Single Post
      07-17-2012, 10:41 PM   #52
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

When bringing in my M3 for service, I got a 335is as a loaner car. On the regular roads, it felt great..very peppy (def some turbo lag tho), great torque in any gear, nice exhaust sounds, steering had a nice heavy feel to it vs. the lighter M3 steering, and I was like wow, there really isn't that much of a difference between the 2 cars. Then I took it in the twisty/hilly roads that I normally take my M3 on and the differences became striking. The 335is steering wasn't quick or light enough to negotiate the tight turns and switchbacks and could not build nearly the same speed though the twistys without feeling like I was losing grip (tons of tire squeal whereas the M3 wouldn't break a sweat). It just depends where/ how you drive it..if it's just regular flat streets, highways, a 335 (or is) is an awesome choice. But if you track or enjoy driving hilly/twisty roads, like to "work" an engine/row your own gears, you will appreciate the instant throttle response, precise throttle modulation, quick/high-ratio steering, and physics-defying suspension and feel of the M3. Most standard test drives in many locations won't allow you to really compare the two cars in the way they should be compared.
Appreciate 0