View Single Post
      05-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #9
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM#80 View Post
Yeah, but the one (or two) Mustangs that were really quick at the Runoffs were driven by "pro" drivers, as was the 370 driven by Rivera. I have no problems with pro drivers (i.e. drivers who get paid to drive) coming and playing in the club racing side as it just means everyone else needs to elevate their game. The guy at Sebring wasn't the quickest, and he was also having trans issues, so call it what you want.

I know the two guys that are driving the 'stangs at blackhawk and they really haven't had a lot of seat time in them, so it should be interesting.

I am also anxiously awaiting the new classing of cars too. From what it looks like, the E46 should still be a pretty good car for the T2 class (or whatever they are going to call it). So it may not mean building a new car over the winter.... Details.
True those cars had the set up and the driver. I think the thing that frustrates us the most is that we built a new car and could not get any modifications on it before a race. Then the mustang 5.0 with similar weight and Hp gets all the mods before even stepping out on track.

Not even just the performance the E92 M3 brakes are not up to the task of a 3,700 plus pound car racing. Thats more weight than street form.
Appreciate 0