boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
Thanks, but no thanks. A $1700 camera is just way too much for me. I'm just a beginner here.

I think I've found some good cameras (all are sub $800). I'm just looking for a camera that I can experiment with, get good enough, and then move on to more advanced equipment/lenses. The idea of photography is really intruiging to me, and I know that I'd be interested in using a dSLR for sure.

Let me narrow my original question down: What dSLR camera(s) would you recommend I look at when I go check 'em out? I would be glad if the suggestions remained in the sub $800 price range. Thanks.
i just got a rebel xti 8mgs from newegg around 450 bucks w/o lense and theres a 10mg for about 550... should be around your range. then you just go buy a lense or two. right now the lense i have doesnt even zoom... its just a straight up lense for point and shoot w/o magnification which kinda sucks but thats the one i can afford for now. im looking into getting another zooming lense in a month or two.

heres a site a friend gave me for reviews on lenses:

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Canon-Lenses/

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0