04-20-2011, 01:17 PM   #13
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
I have a 10" netbook I could use for that. Wifey sort of assumed ownership of it, but she's making eyes at a 12" version with more horsepower, so maybe I'll get her that one and grab the small one for my camera backpack. I played around with DxO for a bit to see if I could do anything with it that I can't do with Adobe, but I didn't see much. Sort of duplicates the workflow. Adobe Bridge will open RAW files in a nice browser setup, but it takes a bit of horsepower to run.
I'll have to check it out, but if i can't run it on my mini laptop, it probably won't stick around too long.

But for sure, depending on the specs of the little 10", they are so light and mobile, it follows me around, and they are cheaper then those photography specific stoage devices, and yet have better screens, you just have to charge them more often

my 10 or 11 inch acer (forget it's size) has followed me around on 2 huge road trips, it's been across North America from east canada to west, and eastern US to west and as far south as Key west all since march of last year.

I run low quality tv shows on it when i'm sitting in hotel rooms, and edit pictures on it.

but i usually carry a portable hard drive too just to keep the computer running faster and for extra safe backing up of files.

that little bugger has seen a lot. only thing it needs is more ram.
Appreciate 0