06-14-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
mastek
e36s54, e70x5d
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
First of all, bump for you . But have a couple questions if you don't mind .

Hey Mastek, do you happen to have a pic or link to the stock differential construction and components? It's supposed to be the greatest thing (according to BMW), but I guess it's just a regular LSD. I'm curious if it's the cone type, single disc, etc., and how it works. Oh, and do you know which is the wheel with direct power (the one that spins first, or if the LSD mechanism fails)?

And if you're really knowledgeable, do you know the system Ferrari uses on the F430, called the eDiff? It has a hydraulic pump, and I believe 2 clutch packs, which I surmise could leave you stranded if the pump fails, no? Thanks man.
This is a really good subject and all are really good questions that I do not have the answers to. I have seen an exploded view of the M diff before and I have read a lot about it but I am not 100 percent sure on how everything works.

What I do know is that I tought the M Diff was great until I drove with this diff.... it was like driving a different car with different handling characteristics = better.

You can speak with dan at diffsonline.com and I'm sure he can explain the technical details a lot better than I can.

I do know that I am having second thoughts about selling this due to the fact that I cannot get a diff like this for anywhere near this price.
Appreciate 0