03-09-2007, 07:15 AM   #32
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
The car's been covered up because this was before the presentation on March 6th. You can see that the car has been "driven" to the place, from where Andi Priaulx started.. Here's a photo of the same car with the already changed concept rims: http://www.mwerks.com/gallery/albums...oncept/031.jpg
[source: www.mwerks.com ]
Sorry, I mixed up runflat and FTM. So I didn't mean runflat, I meant the Flat Tire Monitor. This system works with the wheel speed sensors of the DSC. On this passive system theres no sensor or anything else in the rims or tires; so every rim "supports" the system. But if you change the tires/rims so that the wheel circumference also changes, the FTM is irritated and asks for recalibration.

Best regards, south
+1

Agree with everything you say! The wheels that were on first are the standard 18" wheels which we will see on the production version. They then put on the 19" CSL wheels. The 19" optional wheels for the production version will be these below. I don't know why there is all this speculation. Seems pretty obvious to me what's going to happen.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0