Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
That's a great point. If you will have a hard time distinquishing an individual color from a standard color, then it just a really expensive bragging right. I haven't seen Azurite in person so I wouldn't know how close it is to Jet Black or Jerez Black but I suspect you are right and that 99% of people would not know the difference and even a high percentage of M3 owners would not know the difference.
Thanks, everyone has their own reasons for wanting a certain color, they should just be certain the color is worth it considering the price tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
It wouldn't be for bragging rights. I am just a total sucker for very dark, rich blues. In fact, I'm planning on getting a relatively stripped M3 (well, I'm not sure with the standard equipment on Canadian M3's if they could really be called "strippers", but anyway.)

This forum member who has an Azurite Black said, "If you place Jerez and Azurite side-by-side, it is plain they are quite different. Azurite has a deeper blue, a richer overall colour, and much more pronouced metallic flake. (http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...8&postcount=44)

The good (but few) pics that I have seen of it make it appear like a slightly deeper, more metallic and more iridescent blue/black, but the difference still seems subtle overall to Jerez Black.
If that's the case, you need to see Azurite and Jerez in person side-by-side. Go to your local body shop and ask them for swatches of these two codes:

(S34) Azurite Black Metallic
(A73) Jerez Black Metallic

Any body shop can do this. You should hold the two swatches next to each other under the sun, that way you know exactly what you're buying into. A lot of times pictures of a car aren't representative of what a color looks like in person. When I first saw Monte Carlo Blue on a paint swatch, it was much darker than what online photos made it out to be. I was still happy with it, just wasn't expecting what I saw.
Appreciate 0