aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Nice to know I'm not the only one who got "registration shock."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
Rather than than registration based on weight of vehichle or miles driven per year, let's just tax based on how expensive the car is. How does that even make sense? Another example of taxing the 'rich', well, rich as defined by Obama. Maybe it's just me, but I don't consider $250k per year, per houshold in California as rich.
I agree that $250,000 in NorCal or SoCal is not "rich." That was one of the plans that REALLY pisses me off. You can't just pick an arbitrary number and say you're "rich" if you're over that number and don't take into consideration for cost of living. $250,000 is middle class in NYC.
There was an MSN article on a couple who made $400,000 in NYC and lived in a 900 sq-ft one bedroom and lived paycheck to paycheck. Some of it was due to living in the Upper East side, but they barely went out to eat- once a quarter I think.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0