View Single Post
      10-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #32
BoomM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradocs98 View Post
Just curious--there was a thread on here recently in which a member said either his auto rates went up or he was dropped from his insurance co because of an aftermarket exhaust. There might have been more to the story, but don't your mods, especially your ESS kit, raise a flag to your insurance carrier that you're a "spirited" driver? (I'm sure you're safe and responsible on the road, but insurance companies look for any reason to increase premiums.)

Unfortunately, most physicians basically put their lives on hold for 10 years or so after college while they go through med school and residency training. Most also complete schooling and training in urban areas where there is no need for a car. So, at 31yo, the OP is probably like a 21yo getting a car for the first time and having to deal with auto insurance for the first time.
Yup! I've been driving a 96 acura for half my life! 400,000KM on it so far! I just wanted to see the range ppl where paying. My insurance on my current car is only about 20$/month right now.....
Appreciate 0