06-28-2011, 01:44 PM   #8
NoHedge
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 | 991.1 C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaq diesel View Post
I really should sit down and collect all these thoughts at once but its kinda fun just jotting what's on my mind. Some more comparisons...

Steering Wheel - I have never had the joy of using a steering wheel as heavenly as the M3. Nice, plump, and not so slippery as to have your gripping and constantly wiping the sweat off your hands (summer driving for ya...)

Storage - Sadly I gotta give this to the 350Z. As small as that car was, you could hide a bunch of stuff in it very easily. The glove box location was attrocious in the 350Z but there were a lot of other storage sections. The M3, not so much. But, I'll survive. I consider it a good "spring cleaning" exercise!

Engine - I should hold off on making this comparison since she is broken in (and I am being nice and following the break-in suggestions). But even up to 5500, this engine wins! The 350Z was a fine engine and made decent power with a predictable power band. A very linear engine as far as producing power. But this V8... To be honest with you, the power is not what's so awe-inspiring. It's the sound. I'm a big fan of a lovely exhaust sound and this car is near perfect. Maybe after break-in the power will present itself and I make backtrack that statement, but even if she stays the way she is I'm much happier than with the Z.

Steering - The 350Z had a bit heavy of a steering feel. Precise but heavy. The M3 is almost the exact opposite. Light and precise. With the 350, I would go into a turn and it would seem the steering was what was holding up the car from getting through it (if that makes any sense) whereas with the M3, it seems that the steering is pointed and ready to go but is waiting slightly for the body to line itself out. I'll need more miles before I declare a winner here.

Looks - I'll say this. I was walking to the house from the gym this morning and I looked back to check out the car. With the pre-dawn light and street lamp placing a nice contrast that amplified the presense of the power hood on the bonnet I was literally stopped in my tracks for a few seconds admiring it. Never happened with the 350Z, and I suspect it will happen many more times with the M3.

Well said...

Enjoy Victoria!
Appreciate 0