View Single Post
      12-08-2008, 01:40 AM   #13
serven7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: RS 46 M3

I know I said I was going to go Brembo but Ive been looking around on Stoptech.com and came across this article abut the Viper which last time I check has the best ring time of 7:20something. Says alot.
The Viper SRT10’s standard brakes have been taken to a new level on the Viper SRT10 ACR via StopTech’s 2-piece AeroRotors. ® The rotors with lightweight aluminum hats reduce unsprung mass and rotating inertia, improve rotor airflow and cooling, and substantially reduce brake fade. When combined with the ACR’s Michelin Pilot Sport Cup Tires and Sidewinder wheels, a 60 lb. reduction in unsprung mass is realized vs. the standard SRT10. The overall package results in a benchmark stopping distance of less than 100 feet from 60 mph. StopTech is proud to be involved with this groundbreaking new vehicle from Dodge.

The patented AeroRotors® feature curved vanes with innovations on leading and trailing edges. The uniquely designed vanes inside the disc optimize airflow through the rotor. This improved directional design minimizes turbulence and flows up to 80% more air over original equipment rotors, and 10-30% more than competitive directionally-vaned racing rotors.

Outer rotor faces run hotter. The patent pending AeroHat™ has directional stand offs between the rotor and mounting bell (hat) that increase airflow to the outside faces of the rotor by 50-100%. Increased airflow reduces the temperature difference between the inside and outside faces of the rotor resulting in less distortion and better performance compared to other fully floating designs. Outer pad wear is reduced, and the AeroHat™ improves entire brake system airflow by up to 4%.
Appreciate 0