View Single Post
      07-04-2007, 02:36 PM   #56
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

?'s

OK enough replying to others... Some thanks and real questions.

Thanks so much for sharing and sharing promptly, big props to you!

Handling: How did the very quick steering ratio used feel? I'd expect it to be a big improvement over the E46 M3. In the progression of handling through the model years the M has clearly gone more GT, less sport. That change was fairly dramatic from E36 to E46. Has the E92 continued that evolution of feel or is there any recapturing of the E36 "feel"? Some of that clearly has to do with weight. Does the car feel so nimble/balanced/fast that it hides it weight well or perhaps even feels lighter than it is? Does the car have much factory dialed understeer, too much? How is the handling right on the limit, easy to control or race car sketchy? Easy or hard to drive at the limit? Is the car under tired, especially on initial max acceleration take offs? Did you bother testing the invasiveness of the traction (and other electronic) controls or just leave it full off, all the time?

Do you think the EDC offers a good way to avoid having to put a special suspension set up on the car for more serious track work, IMO if it is "good enough" it should? How comfortable is the comfort mode?

Have you read about the so called "muffler visibility problem" on this board? Was it bad/noticeable in person?

Is there a mode that actually reduces engine output ala M5? Hopefully the car does not default to this mode?

Well, I could ask questions all day but I better let others get theirs in as well. Thanks Steve, in advance for anything you can answer.
Appreciate 0