View Single Post
      02-17-2011, 08:04 PM   #53
Eddy@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E30 M3, F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlegE90 View Post
I'm very interested in the full kit (ducting, hose, plates). In an earlier post, you (Apex) mentioned that something could be available before April, do you mean the ducts or do you mean the ducts and the plates (i.e. full kit)?

The reason I ask is that I'm considering pulling the trigger on a StopTech BBK, before this year's season starts (May), but would rather spend the money on your complete kit and some PFC rotors to save on cost.

I have currently warped my stock rotors (no, it's not pad deposits) and go through 1 complete set of Carbotech XP12's in 2 days at Road America. I had no fade, but significant wear on the pads (obviously) and the rotors. So over the long run, I'm pretty much spending as much money as a BBK maintaining the stock setup and hope that with some nicer rotors and your kit I would reduce brake temps and minimize wear on both pads and rotors while not having to spend $2.7K on an ST-40 kit.
Ducts are complete. Only plates need to be completed and those should be much faster. A kit should be available when the snows cleared up

These kits won't have a special block off feature for those in the snow. That will be up to the owner. We would have to do a redesign and new tooling produced if we make a version with a snap on block off plate. I will look into for future production. For now it's a race oriented part.