10-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #19
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
I know this is devolving into one of those threads, but I'll say it: I've been pulled over for speeding, tinted windows, loud exhaust, etc... Not once have I ever been harassed. Most of the time, as long as I am polite and courteous, I am let go. Out of the 10 or so times I've been pulled over, only once have I gotten an actual ticket. I find it funny that people have such misconceptions that all cops are pigs and are out to get you. The time to argue the validity of a law (like speed limits in general) isn't when you're already pulled over by a cop for speeding. They don't make the laws, they are paid to enforce the ones already made. Realize, it's a job for them, just like anything else.

But, it also doesn't mean they are above the law either. I understand people that get frustrated that cops abuse the system and aren't caught or don't get into trouble. But in reality, it's not just cops. I was just recently pulled over and got a speeding ticket. It sucks, but it was my fault. The next day, a cop was driving behind me in an unmarked car, a guy in front of me ran a red light quite obviously. The cop seemed to be paying attention and looking forward, but didn't stop the guy. If it had been me, I am sure I would have been stopped. It is what it is...
This is my experience as well. I actually passed in between 2 cars on a one way two lane road where the cars were both going slow but had enough space between them for me to get through. So i hit it and jumped through. (was trying to catch my wife whom i was racing to dinner, loser buys) turns out they were both under cover cops and lights came out of the grills and dash quickly. Pulled me over, checked me out, i told them i was trying to catch my wife so i didn't have to buy dinner, they let me go on my way without a ticket or even a written warning.

I always open my sunroof and lock my fingers together around the roof portion between the driver window and sunroom when they're walking up. That seems to really put them at ease when approaching the car. i don't typically have a problem with law enforcement. Unfortunately they hire cops from the human race and because of this they are just as capable of making mistakes as i am.