Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by madburnz View Post
Just picked up a Space Grey 2009 E90 with every option except PDC, Fold Down Rear Seat & 19" Wheels. The person who originally ordered this car did so exactly as I would have, minus not getting the fold down rear seat...that is kind of a strange ommission when it is included in the Cold Weather package.

The M3 as you all know is absolutely amazing. My previous ride was a 2008 E92 335i which I spent several thousands of dollars trying to make perform like an M3 (primarily suspension work, wanted to put in a limited slip diff), but the costs to continue down that path and really get there would have been way too much. In the end it is so nice to have the real thing and not worry about voiding my warranty.

Finally I can say I drive the best of the best, no compromises is nice for a change. Sure it is a lot of money and I could never stomach spending 70K or more for a brand new one, but a lightly used one around 50K fits the bill nicely.

That leads me to my question -

My car is a 2009 built in August 2009 as was sold a month later in September 09. Is that the cutoff for the model year changeover for the E90 M3?

Seems like a weird month as I would have thought a car build that late in the year would be a 2010.

It doesn't really matter but if anyone knows why the cutoff is so late in the year that would be great as not knowing is a bit annoying, but certainly not life changing in anyway. I have also read some threads where 2011's are actually being built after 2012 model years. Weird way to run a factory I suppose...

Finally, here is my list of cars from when I started driving in the mid 80's. I am sure you can tell when I got to start choosing and paying for my own cars - was not too long into my glorious driving career.

Dodge Omni
Chrysler New Yorker
Toyota Celica
Toyota Supra
Jeep Wrangler
Toyota MR2
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Honda Prelude
BMW 328i
Audi TT
Lexus IS350
BMW 335i
BMW M3

Some real pieces of crap, some decent ones. So far the M3 is the best but I both hated and loved all of these cars at one time or another for a variety of reasons.
Congratulations on your new ride, hope it's a keeper for a while

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0