View Single Post
      04-07-2011, 11:40 PM   #1
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Brilliant White ESS M3 at OCRC Track Day

I made it out to the track last Sunday at OCRC in Irvine. It was a driving school and open track Saturday and Sunday. I signed up for the open track day for Sunday. There were several Porsches, including a Cup car, several TT's, a GT3RS and a GT2RS. Even more impressive was the Lexus LFA out at the track. The LFA sounded awesome and was high pitched. It was intoxicating hearing it fire down the straights.

The ESS VT2-600 M3 performed fantastic again on the track without any issues at all. The DCT shifting was flawless and quick! Also, the oil and water temps were all slightly higher than normal everyday driving. The BBK was up to the task slowing the car from triple digit speeds without hesitation. This was the first time on the track with the Akra GT4 mid-pipe (no cats/no resonators) and Eisenmann Inconel rear section. It was loud and getting compliments all day long! This E90 M3 is an absolute blast on the track!

Due to the track facility you are not allowed to follow too close and there is NO PASSING allowed.

Here are a few quick pictures and GoPro video mounted on my car from the event. Sorry for the video length and audio. I am no video editor.

GTS
Appreciate 0