View Single Post
      03-28-2008, 01:02 PM   #21
sayemthree
Major General
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X3mC ‘20 Raptor ‘04 X3 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbb357 View Post
You do realize that BMW uses Japanese parts for their engines right, like the twin turbos from the 335's engine that is manufactured by Mitsubishi. Do you honestly think that BMW and especially the M division had a history and heritage from the begining. Answer is NO. BMW worked very hard to build it and earned it. Lexus is doing the same thing. And i guess that the fact that ISF is able to get 23mpg and avoid GGT and still perform as well as the M3 is not good engineering for you. Not to mention the GTR, i guess that's not good engineering either.

I never said they are not good engineers - they are some of the best. they build great turbos and other parts. but Toyotal and Lexus have spent years building quiet dependable cars. BMW has been building cars for racing since the 30's and cars for the autobahn since it was built.

compare these engines. ones is a big displacement LS460 motor tuned by .....not even toyota themselves.....but Yamaha!!!

the other engine is a one of a kind, 8 throttle body, m-car only, small discplacement, 8400 rpm screamer built by the same people that assemble BMW f1 engines.

which engine is the true "motorsports" niche car engine?