View Single Post
      03-27-2008, 01:55 PM   #15
gadget
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92///M SSII DCT

I test drove the IS-F yesterday. I think it is an excellent car and a very good value. However, it is clear that the M3, which I have also driven is in a league of its own.

My wife has a Toyota Sienna Limited- The Navi, / Review Camera etc are practically the same in both cars. These are great systems. However, the point is that the car still has the feel of a Toyota. The car was fast but the engine sounded like it was related to a 5.0 American V8. The sound on the M3sounds like its a cousin of the Ferrari V8.

The ISF handled well and looks much better in real life. MUCH BETTER. However, I like the M3 looks more Handling goes to M3 hands down.

The transmission did very well and shifts very quickly and smoothly.

Some of the plastic trim looked plain cheap- and can probably be found in the corolla as well.

The exhaust looksOK, however, its going to look pretty stupid in the winter when the fumes are visiblle and not coming out of the tail pipes.

In the end, you get what you pay for, there is a reason the M is 10-15K more.

For those that care, the M3 is a car that most recognize and admire. Tell a co-worker you have an M and they'll say wow that's cool. tell them you have and ISF and they'll say WTF is that, never heard of it.

Now more than ever, I'm convinced that the M is the car for me. From a performance standpoint, the ISF failed to give me the rush the M gave me.
Appreciate 0