JCE
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG M3 2010 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCA View Post
No problem

Some kind of "air brush" method like you describe, done by someone who knows what they're doing, is definitely the next best thing and the very best option really. When I briefly sold Toyotas in Dallas about 10 years ago, we had a guy that could do some amazing work. Unfortunately, there are a lot of hacks out there. As long as you trust your friend's talent, I say give it a shot.

One other thing: try not to let it bother you too much. I'm anal as hell about my cars and that chip bugged the shit out of me when it first happened. But here we are about 6-7 weeks later, the chip is fixed and barely noticeable, and it doesn't really bother me anymore. On any car that is driven daily, these things are going to happen. This is especially true with these new water-based paints, which are supposedly much more prone to chipping.
Thanks for the response. I understand about the anal stuff, and I do go sometimes a week or two without driving it to work. But, I have to walk by it every morning in the garage to get to my truck parked in the driveway. It's like walking past my bed every morning if Megan Fox was laying there naked.

Mine is in a bad spot...it is about a foot up onto the hood in front of the driver's headlight. SG is a pretty brilliant metallic color, especially up close so this touch up looks like shit. I figure the rock was about the size of a marble, and it either came from above or hit me at a whack angle from the front. I heard it when it hit but didn't know how bad it was until later.

I will check around. I haven't spoken to him in a year or two so I don't even know if he will do it on the side...he is not in that business anymore. Maybe I will post something in the southwest forum for some suggestions on local body shops.
Appreciate 0