View Single Post
      12-01-2010, 05:00 AM   #14
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullrev View Post
Ok... your first problem is that you THINK you know what you're talking about.

You think BMW tells techs where every module is in every car?
Every wiring diagram for all the cars?
All test plans work for fault codes?

Hell most of the time the tester doesn't even give you description of the fault code.

Its not easy to fix these cars in the first place and when you are fighting the diagnosis software doesn't make it any easier. Once again... you THINK you know.
That's a hell of a way of defending a BMW tech.

Let's say that when I was in the Army I had to know where all the modules were located in my electronic equipment so I can fix them under battlefield conditions. So it is natural for me to expect just 10% of that responsibility from a dealer tech, and I'm being reasonable.

We are talking about competence, you either have it or you don't. That's the reason I only go to one particular dealership with this particular shop foreman, the only one out of 5 local dealerships that when he explains something I listen to him. This is the only BMW tech that I know that when I asked for help to somehow work with Assist to allow my iDrive to receive MyInfo -although this is a MY2008- he just made it happen.

That's what I expect from a BMW tech and unfortunately this is the exception and not the rule.

Sorry to hurt your feelings.
Appreciate 0