View Single Post
      10-31-2018, 11:54 AM   #21
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

I'm bumping this because I would also like to preserve that "new" BMW smell. Even though my car has close to 20k on it and its 7 years old, it smells like it just rolled out of the factory. (I'm still trying to figure that one out.)

I think what the OP is looking for - and me too - is any chemical that restores/keeps the factory scent, not something that has a new car smell. Thats just crap added to the chemicals to mask whatever other scents there are in the car. A proper leather treatment should get all the dirt, sweat, dead skin, and whatever else piles up, while conditioning the leather and at the most, augmenting the natural smell.

I have Leatherique here, but I haven't had much luck with it on the other car I tried it on. The leather did not change in appearance or texture despite following the directions to the letter. It wasn't horrible - no cracking/deformities or discoloration - but the leather was pretty rigid and dull. After Leatherique, the seats are still rigid and still dull looking. I'm hoping that if I use that product on the M3 I'll have better luck. I'm willing to give it a go, and also try anything else that Autogeek or DI offers. One of the DI contributors said that Prestine Clean can be used without the Rejuvenator Oil on seats that are in good condition, so I'll probably go that route to start with.
Appreciate 0