Sully1Time
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18' MR440i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post
Are you sure you're not talking about the rev limit for a cold engine? Mike offers to set the rev limit at 4500 until the car warms up to operating temperature (which I did and highly recommend).

Only question now is whether I should get my rev limit increased to 8600 and remove the top-speed limiter . . .
When i asked mike about removing cold start and raising rev limit with regards to warranty he said if your worried about it voiding the warranty then don't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmkr01 View Post
I think your confused as Mike would never recommend such a silly thing. Maybe your referring to the cold start rev limit which is either 4 or 4.5k until the car is warm. You don't have to launch the car to check where its set. Just 1) come to a complete stop 2) hold the brake in mash the pedal 3) see where it revs to a settles at. Its either 3k or 3.5k

On a side note any chance your the same Sully for e46fanatics? I used to be one there all the time when I had my ZHP.
Yes launch is set at 3500 in my tune, cold start limit is set to 4500. My mistake. I'm on e46fanatics forum, but same screen name as here (sully1time)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
You are correct - 4.5k rpm is the cold start-up rpm limit

Raise the rpm limit!! I did it, along with the top-speed limiter, and the increased rev limit, combined with my 3.62 diff, is a blast to drive! When I drive my wife's car, which has the stage II tune but stock rev limit and diff, I hit the rev limiter because I'm used to the extra rpm...
See above