View Single Post
      07-11-2009, 12:46 AM   #8
srim3
V8 M Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: E85 Z4

Congrats on your new M3. You will have a great experience with the Euro delivery, especially at the BMW Welt. I just came back yesterday from my Euro delivery trip of my M3 and stayed in Europe for 2 weeks. I traveled to Northern Italy, Switzerland and Germany and covered 2400 miles.

I stayed at a hotel close to the BMW Welt ( 15 min walking distance from the Hotel ) and they also have a garage where I parked my car the day I took delivery. You can use the website booking.com ( It's a priceline.com subsidary ) and they provide some good rates and also will give you options to choose the room type and parking. They have a map and will point out where the hotel is, and will display hotels around it as well. You can use that as a good reference.

Your route seems like a good option and nice cities you are going to visit.If you are going to have a navigation system that will be a real time saver when traveling in Europe, and also you can use that to find hotels in the city you are in in-case you don't have a specific itinerary.Enjoy the great beer, wine and food !

I would highly recommend to go on the factory tour on the day after your delivery process is complete, and also visit the BMW museum.

U-Bahn ( underground ) is very convenient and it took only 10 min on the train to get to the City Center from where I stayed in Munich. I looked around and had great beer and food. There is a u-Bahn station right next to the BMW Welt and you can get there if you plan on staying in the city center. Enjoy your Euro delivery !
Appreciate 0