View Single Post
      08-28-2008, 08:59 AM   #28
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
I have just read the article in CAR magazine and to me at least a lot of the info if correct sounds very odd. For a start the output figures, 450hp sounds about right for a low pressure boost which should keep the N/A characteristics but the torque is only boosted by 15ft/lbs, come on that is total BS for a bi-turbo engine, especially a 4.2L v8 engine.

The rest of the info definitely sounds about right, the gearbox and the fact it's wet clutched to cope with the extra torque, the torque vectoring diff, the size of the alloys, all correct. Even the bodykit looks just as you would expect the RS5 to look based of what we see with the RS6.

But the weight distribution is all wrong, there is no way Audi are going to get the balance down more than 6% at the front of the car and transfer it to the rear. The engine has to be heavier if it's got turbos attached, so what ever they would be doing would solely negate the additional weight caused by the engine.

No to me the output spec if correct sounds to be more what would be expected if the engine remains N/A and that would be the only way they could possibly get close to the 50/50 weight balance being talked about here.

P.S.
When comparing the M3 in this article to the photoshop of the RS5 you have to concede that the RS5 looks a million times more aggressive, a real killer for the road.
Appreciate 0