View Single Post
      11-29-2012, 09:59 PM   #31
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyk View Post
Not sure if serious, but if someone is looking to get out of a 328 due to potential reliability issues, an E39 is about the last car I would suggest. Yes they are fun to drive, but they are very temperamental and everything costs more to fix.

OP I would have suggested a VW but you already said you aren't interested in those (why? I loved mine and never had any issues over 78k miles outside of maintenance stuff).

Have you thought about an American car? I have a Challenger RT and it's pretty fun and has been rock solid so far (can't comment on long term since it's still fairly new). They are way cheaper to fix at least

Are u saying e39 is less reliable then e38 and e90?

Usually parts for older cars are much cheaper and easier to get.....

It makes ton of sense to buy a nice yet cheap car for cash and drive it. Maintenance can be more then some other cars, but at least you don't have monthly payments.

And Honda is not as reliable as people think. Need to know what you are buying or will end up with having to replace a tranny for $3-3.5k

E38s are pretty realible and relatively cheap to fix. I've seen so many of them with 200-300k miles.....even with 500k miles.

Last edited by Kolyan2k; 11-29-2012 at 10:06 PM..
Appreciate 0