02-27-2009, 10:19 AM   #49
demosthenes
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i 6MT

Garage List
2008 328i sedan  [0.00]
I had a TL and the dealer gave me the previous generation TSX many times as a loaner. So I've got lots of experience with these cars.

The TL/TSX are designed for different market segment than our E9x cars. The TL/TSX are sportier than most cars, but our E9x cars go to next level, especially with ZSP.

I haven't driven the new TSX/V6, but I doubt it will come close to matching the handling of our cars. Virtually every automotive writer says our cars are the best handling sport sedans, period.

You not only have physics going against you with FWD, you've got Acura setting up these cars for a much larger market segment. An E9x with ZSP and RFT's is a pretty extreme car compared to most cars. It is way off the mark for "normal" non-enthusiast drivers. It takes a real enthusiast to appreciate the stiff, sometimes harsh ride.

The TL/TSX are pretty nice cars that are sportier than most and they'll cost less to maintain. But our cars come much closer to being the perfect sports sedans and they are worth a few extra bucks to enthusiasts.
Appreciate 0