NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionJim View Post
work and doing the same dull shit everyday are really getting to me.

i feel like a robot most days and like peter gibbins from office space, i just half-ass it because i just don't care (no room in the budget for raise/promotion - i've asked).

i have been trying to get a new job and actively looking for positions at other companies, but i havent gotten more than 2 responses in 2 years.

^^^ that shit also gets to me. everything is to be done online with job searching and whatnot, yet they don't take the time to send out a "thank you for inquiring about the position at (insert company here), etc." email.

I am well aware of the "it's not what you know, but who you know" speech, but this is just getting to be ridiculous.

/monday bullshit rant
That's the way it always is... I have worked a s**t-ton of jobs, but NOT ONE is willing to match your true potential and always shoves you into the crappiest positions or stuff that even a 5 year-old can do and I'm getting so sick of it... I'm bilingual and even speak a bit of Spanish, I have a huge technological background going back to winning an award in middle school and even owned a repair company... But I've been fighting an uphill battle finding a tech-related job that matches my skills and I've either had to settle for crappy jobs that has nothing to do with technology and barely keeps my bills in check, or it was a miserable environment where I got even lower pay and the boss was a micromanaging bunghole...

Whatever happened to the positions where you are almost guaranteed at least $50K/year with full benefits, or the jobs that have the work philosophy of Google where you can do your work but also like lounge or have fun at work... Instead of willingly submitting yourself to a dystopian environment that is like Nineteen Eighty-Four meets war-torn Iraqi building where your boss is watching over your shoulder or spying on your computer, refuses to turn on the AC and uses "natural lighting" when there hardly is enough and you even trip over things, and loves to micromanage everyone...
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0