10-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #17
hpc3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 G80 Base, Build Week 12

Is your camera plug/junction(rear one) in a place that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Called BimmerTech and told him to get me his OEM-grade rear camera kit for my E92 M3. The major difference between BimmerTech camera kit and the Chinese cam modules is that the actual camera display in the iDrive screen uses the OEM interface.

So if the idea is to have the look of OEM =and with the PDC- then there is nothing else out there. That's what I was looking for...

Camera -in OEM-like trunk release mount- installed:

CIC removed; the camera video (yellow RCA) and camera power jack exposed:

Custom harness with premade connections amd camera emulator ready to go in:

Harness plugged in, iDrive coded for rear camera, OEM screen enabled:

Notes:

- Hardware is PnP; coding required for the OEM camera screen.
- PDC integrated with OEM camera screen
- No other modifications/hardware required. Kit includes camera, harness and coding.

you can easily access it? I installed/coded mine Friday and I don't think I'm getting power to the camera. I'm working with Patryk on this but know its likely going to be a challenge to diagnose between continents... I'm curious what you get with the camera unplugged, understand if its buried and you can't get to it easily.

I have everything coded, CIC looks like yours however there is no picture. I can adjust the contrast and brightness in the display so this has me a little baffled. I would assume the picture would remain black with no video signal... maybe thats a CIC display function though. I plan on hitting RadioShack to make a jumper to test for power back at the camera plug. I'm betting its up in the harness somewhere though.

Any thoughts/help appreciated.

Born on July 4th, 2012, PCD September 5th, 2012.
Appreciate 0