View Single Post
      11-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #25
secretsquirrel
Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
but seriously, why you guys so obese in the states? I heard that 1/3 of you mofo's are obese and you dudes keep trying to change the definition of obesity to lower the rate lol. Purely speculating but I think it has a lot to do with race. I gathered some data from wiki.

The obesity rate for Caucasian adults (over 30 BMI) in the US in 2010 was 26.8%
The obesity rate for Black adults (over 30 BMI) in the US in 2010 was 36.9%
The obesity rate for American Indian or Alaska Native adults (over 30 BMI) in the US in 2010 was 39.6%
The obesity rate for Asian adults (over 30 BMI) in the US in 2010 was 11.6%
The obesity rate for the Hispanic or Latino adults category (over 30 BMI) in the US in 2010 was 31.9%
The obesity rate for Mexican or Mexican Americans adults (over 30 BMI) in the US in 2010 was 34.1%.
The obesity rate for Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander adults (over 30 BMI) in the US in 2010 was 43.5%

I see also a high correlation with laziness too. Just stereotyping, nothing racial intended.
The larger correlation should be on based on finances and culture. Good food, particularly vegetables and fruits cost more. You have to also account for the fact that many foods or types of cooking are cultural. To blame it on your perception of some group being lazy or not because they don't share your ideals or priorities is short sighted.
Appreciate 0