View Single Post
      09-15-2011, 12:30 PM   #2
Eddy@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E30 M3, F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRob08 View Post
So I need to get new wheels to clear my 14.5" APracing front BBK. Currently running 12mm spacers and I've got a light wobble/inbalance that doesn't seem to clear with balancing. I'm gonna stick with 18" wheels. My two choices are;

APEX ARC-8 (Antrhacite or Hyper Black) 18x9.5 Front & 18x10.5 Rear.

Or go with the Forgestar CF5 5 spoke 18x8.5 Front & 18x9.5 rear.

Currently will run with my pretty new PS2's that are 245/40R18 & 265/40R18.

So my questions are what do you guys suggest for;
- DD & light track use?
-Price (both set of wheels is close in price comparison) vs. quality & strength?
-Fitment & balancing, etc.?
-What looks better on a Space-Gray M3?

Thanks all!
The ARC-8 is significantly lighter (2-5lbs lighter) when comparing the same specs vs the CF5. The ARC-8 is available now, there is no production wait. The The widths and offsets for the ARC-8 are correct for a performance fitment on the E9X M3. You have narrow tires now as discussed in another thread, but when you buy tires again in the future you would want to run a 265/285 setup or something comparable in the future (the Michelin Super Sports are available in that size and would be a good replacement in the future to your current PS2's).

If you picked up an 8.5" front wheel now, you would be stuck with an unnecessarily narrow wheel on a car that can easily handle a 10" front wheel with zero modifications. If you know you do not have optimal tire sizes now, and you do want to go to the track at least a few times a year, then do no purchase a wheel size that works ok in the short run, but is a major long run compromise.

The ARC-8's exceed JWL load requirements and are VIA certified (3rd party testing organization in Japan). According to the testing data for the CF5 found on the manufacturers site, the 19" wheel does not meet JWL load rating requirements. There is also no testing data shown for the 18" size at all. I can confirm that none of the CF5 wheels have ever been VIA certified because I have access to the VIA online database that shows every wheels that's been tested. None of the other wheels designs have been VIA certified either except for a few odd offsets for the 18" F14.
Appreciate 0