jjw2331
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 JtBlk e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjw2331 View Post
If it makes you feel any more confident in your dealer's diagnosis of your wheel, I have a small vibration in my steering wheel which was said to be due to a small bend in my front left wheel. This was realized after I put my Michelin PSS tires on with balancing. I'm in the process of getting a new wheel with the same tire mounted to see if that fixes the vibration.

The vibration gets noticeable around 65-80 mph. It's small and the vibration is only visible if I let go of the steering wheel. (My hands are off for a split second so don't think I drive around hands free!lol)

Had the same issue with the vibration. Took it back to get rebalanced & was cured. Might want to get the tire shop to spin the tire on the wheel & rebalance prior to buying a new wheel or go to another tire shop.
You're definitely right. Get it checked twice. I took it to dealership after the tire shop to have them balance it and they found the same thing. It's annoying to pay for a new wheel after one year of ownership. With Michigan roads it's price I have to pay. But I'm going to have it fixed and use it as a spare.