View Single Post
      06-18-2008, 12:30 PM   #54
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
I drove the 335i 10k miles before selling it and by no means is the handling crap but to say you can take a M3 on the track with just KW2 and V3 is just ignorant. Looking at the suspension, an EDC equipped M3 is rumored to be better than TC Kline's coilover system. And if you can some how over look that, you surely can not overlook the open diff in the 335i compared to the LSD in the M3. Lets move on to the engine, how much is the V3 putting out right now? It puts out under the best of condition the same power as a stock M3. With the issues of Progman 29.2 and up, I don't know how you can write all the things you wrote with a straight face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTN08 View Post
The handling on the 335 is not crappy. You're full of m3 shit. The two car ride on the same frame. last time i checked a 335 is made by bmw too, and they're know for their handling. Yes a m3 have a tighter and more expensive suspension which is only a couple tenth faster on the track. (dinan vs m3).
With kw-2 and v3 a 335 would take a m3 any day, not saying it's a better car than a m3 but would out performed a m3.

The power gap between a 3 series and a m3 never been soo close before and that's why we have these 3series vs top dog m3. The reason was BMW trying to compete with the evo, sti,350z,g37 and is350 so they slapped two turbos on a 3.0 liter and called it 3.5 liter and created a monster that threaten his big brother. So the M badge is not the same anymore.
Appreciate 0