04-18-2013, 11:06 PM   #78
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Got my second-hand Vorshlag plates (thx Chris) installed and aligned yesterday at Group2 (thx other Chris). I was planning to get separate street and track alignments but was convinced to just try -2.5 fixed first so thats what we did. Then I threw on my track wheels to get a few miles on the tires. Then it rained today and the temp can't seem to get above 50F and with new NT05s I have zero traction above granny speed. Car looks good though.

Props to Group 2 Motorsports for good work at a decent price, a nice garage, and friendly staff. My steering is a tiny bit off center and my OCD is going to make me go back to have it corrected but all in all it was a great experience.
yep that is a good place to start. i was at -2.5 also but felt it needed a little more for street tire possbily as much as 3.0 but starts getting to be a little much for street use then.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0