09-20-2010, 07:26 PM   #7
bryce
Banned
Rep
Drives: zhp 3-pedal

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
Pretty much the same man: 650 to 700 HP. Guess it must be cheaper to build. Plus IRL also wants the cars to look different (without the upper intake). Weird. And I made a mistake on my title; engine size is 3.5L DOHC V8, with a 10,300 rpm limit. The 2.4L V8 is on F1s, obviously.

And talking about F1, down to 1.6L turbo 4-bangers? Doesn't sound like a 'premier' F1 engine anymore . They will sound like motorcycles now, but with a flat crank (I don't like too much how they sound), shouldn't sound that different. I just don't think that engine belongs to the premier F1 racing series IMO. NA engines are disappearing faster than I thought . Oh well. Thanks for the info man ; hope you had a great weekend.

i completely understand where you're coming from, i was thoroughly into all-motor only on the past few cars i've had (bmw and a couple of hondas). after driving a twin turbo bmw, however, i slowly came around to the dark side and hope that more and more mfgs offer turbocharged cars in the coming years. it'll happen to you, too
Appreciate 0